The Criminal Law program of the An-Najah National University was initiated to target those who are interested in criminal law either in governmental or non-governmental organizations and BA holders in the fields of law and Sharee'ah (Islamic Law).
Teaching and Learning
- Interactive lecturing techniques
- Open discussions
- Deductive approaches
- Using multimedia and technologies such as the Internet, PowerPoint and other audio-visual aids to present reports, assignments, research studies and discuss samples of judicial proceedings and judgments
- Inviting experts to talk about related topics to offer students the needed help
- Inviting judges and lawyers who can share their expertise with the students
- Organizing workshops and seminars to discuss various issues
- Legal Methodology
- Advanced Studies in the Criminal Procedures Law
- International Criminal Law
- Advanced Studies in the Public Criminal Law
- The Criminal Protection for Human Rights and
- Public Freedoms
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.