The Community Mental Health Nursing program of the An-Najah National University will build knowledge in key areas of nursing and mental health.
As this area of expertise continues to develop, new models of care are established. A postgraduate qualification will equip Students with the latest and emerging models of care.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching techniques included didactic lectures, case based discussion groups and role playing. Informal feedback informed a flexible teaching package. Assessment tools designed specifically for this course included first, second and final exam and a clinical evaluation.
Short introductory talks that invite discussion, and mental health skills can be taught using role play. The content of such training should be driven by perceived local needs, and developed in conjunction with local leaders and teachers within primary care services. Further research will be needed to establish the impact on clinical outcomes.
Mental health is a broad field with a wide range of career choices.
The Community Mental Health Nurse develops a nursing diagnosis and plan of care, implements the nursing process, and evaluates it for effectiveness. Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurses (PMH- offer primary care services to the psychiatric-mental health population and treat individuals and families with psychiatric disorders or the potential for such disorders using their full scope of therapeutic skills.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Community Mental Health Nursing Contexts
- Mental Health Nursing Assessment in the Context of Nultidis
- Mental Health Nursing Assessment/CIinical
- Clinical Psycho-Pharmacology
- Acute Care 1 :Early Intervention and Crisis Intervention/Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Human Medicine in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.