The students in the Chemistry program of the An-Najah National University can select one of four main areas of research interest in the laboratory: Analytical, Physical, Organic or Inorganic, depending on his/her interest.
The student may choose either the Thesis Track or the Comprehensive Exam Track.
Teaching and Learning
The chemistry department provides an appropriate learning and educational environment for students. Where it offers courses depending on the study plan for the student. Students perform advanced studies in the following subjects: inorganic, organic, physical and analytical chemistry, and do research work.
Halls and laboratories suitable for teaching and learning are available. Other educational assistance such LCDs and computer laboratories and the chemistry laboratories that are equipped with modern instruments and library facilities are available.
To do the research work, the students often benefit from the available research centers at the university, such as Semiconductor Laboratory, the Center for Chemical and pharmaceutical analysis, and Center of Excellence in Nanotechnology newly founded. The availability of these centers, as well as research laboratories available, offer a suitable environment to do distinguished research.
Students must develop the component skills and knowledge necessary to perform complex tasks. Finally, students must learn when and how to apply the skills and knowledge they learn. As instructors, it is important that we develop conscious awareness of these elements of skills so as to help our students learn more effectively.
After completion, the graduate will be able to find job in one of the following fields:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Bulk Commodity Chemical Companies
- Food Manufacturing Companies
- Paint, Plastics, Coatings, Etc. Companies
- Personal, Baby and Household Care Product Companies
- Petroleum Industry
Other Career Options
- Careers in Education
- Careers Related to Law
- Government Agencies
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Application to Computer for Chemistry
- Advanced Instrumental analysis
- Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemical Applications of Group Theory
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Environmental Sciences View 6 other Masters in Biology in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.