The Applied Linguistics and Translation program of the An-Najah National University aims at preparing specialists who will contribute to transferring science and general information and provide scientific and practical expertise in this area. In addition to translation, the program aims at equipping learners with research skills which they need to pursue their post graduate studies. Also, the program aims at rehabilitating students and English teachers and providing them with the basic knowledge in various fields of applied linguistics which is needed to improve their skills& performance.
Teaching and Learning
There are many and varied teaching ways that are used in the program andare based on modern methods in education, where the student is the center of the education process and an active participant indebate and critical and creative thinking. There are also many practical courses which demand great efforts from students in theory and practice. Through e-Learning and the use of Moodle - a program the university provides for its students- the instructor can keep in touch with all students in online debate. The program supports scientific research in teaching where students prepare scientific researches and present them in most courses.
There are many and varied opportunities available to the graduates of the program in the public and private sectors. We usually get the program graduates to work in the field of translation in private companies and institutions and legal departments, banks, courts, ministries and private centers. And some of the graduates work as translators at private companies outside Palestine. There are also job opportunities in the field of teaching at schools, public and private colleges and universities inside and outside the country.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Advanced Reading in Language & Culture
- General Linguistics
- Contrastive Text-Linguistics
- Translation from English
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 8 other Masters in Language Studies in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.