The Master Project Management and Data Science curriculum is designed to bring students from various academic backgrounds from the basics of project management and data science to the level of expert application knowledge in both fields.
Modules in international business law, change management and leadership, cross-cultural communication and artificial intelligence complete the curriculum.
The modules are taught as a mix of lectures, interactive seminars and lab classes, with an emphasis on a practice-oriented academic approach, geared towards market demands, including
- practical exercises, workshops and case studies
- cooperations with companies
- and the possibility to write the Master's thesis at a company
Studying in the MPMD programme, you cannot help but acquire cross-cultural communication skills, not only in the respective module, but by working together with students of different nationalities and background. Students of one MPMD Intake typically come from more than 16 different countries worldwide!
Since the programme is taught entirely in English, you will effortlessly be able to fit into an international work environment. German language skills are not required.
Ideally prepared for a successful career
Based on our survey of major German industrial companies, the MPMD study programme ideally prepares you for a career in a wide range of areas and industries. Former students of the MPMD study programme work in areas such as
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
Potential fields of employment include Consulting, Services, Healthcare and Manufacturing.
Doctoral studies (PhD)
Successful master students can also apply for doctoral studies (PhD) at other universities and embark on a career in international research.
Studying in the time of Corona
To ensure that MPMD students enjoy the full learning experience at all times during their studies at HTW Berlin , classes are held on-Campus, online or as a mix of both, as the Corona situation demands. A smooth switch between formats is possible - and has successfully taken place - from one day to the next: We and our students are getting really good at this ;)
To ensure maximum safety for our students and staff, on-campus classes are taught to split classes to allow for ample space between students and to comply with distancing rules. A comprehensive hygiene concept is in place at HTW Berlin.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Project Management
- Foundation of Data Analytics and Statistical Programming
- Contract and International Business Law
- International Project Management
- Advanced Computational Data Analytics
- Change Management and Leadership
- Financial Reporting and Management Information Systems
- Emerging Technologies and Artificial Intelligence
- Negotiation Techniques and Cross-Cultural Communication
- Interpersonal Dynamics and Group Facilitation
- Technology Management in Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 20 other Masters in Project Management in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To study in Master Project Management and Data Science you need
- a bachelor degree with at least 180 ECTS
- at least one year of qualified professional experience after acquiring your Bachelor’s degree (though not necessarily in the area of project management or data science)
Knowledge of German is not required to study in the Master Project Management and Data Science. The programme is taught entirely in English.Selection criteria
Study places are allocated according to the following selection criteria:
- final grade of the first university-level degree (50%)
- number of years of professional experience after the first university degree (more than one year / more than two years) (25%)
- English language skills (level B2 or lower / level C1 or higher according to CEFR, see details below) (25%)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Tuition fees can be payed in four installments of 4,000 EUR per semester
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are no scholarships available from HTW Berlin.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.