The Master programme in Biomedical Engineering at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences targets graduates with a degree in medical technology or biomedical engineering (or in a related domain). Applicants should be motivated to acquire skills relevant for mastering cutting-edge biomedical devices in different application contexts and conducting research and development.
Our students acquire practice based engineering and research skills which enable them to participate in the development and improvement of technical and organizational health care solutions. The programme stresses inter-professional collaboration (e.g. interacting with physicians, nurses, therapists and technicians). The degree "Master of Science" qualifies for positions in research and development and delivers skills required for scientific work up to postgraduate programs (e.g. PhD, Promotion).
The core curriculum consists of the following modules: Applied Mathematics, Data Acquisition, Advanced Biosignal Processing, Medical Image Processing and Application of Imaging Modalities, Advanced Control Systems, Modelling Medical Systems, Medical Realtime Systems, Simulation and Virtual Reality in Medicine, HTA/Regulatory Affairs and a Biomedical Project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biosignal Processing
- Advanced Filtering Techniques for Biosignals
- Medical Image Processing Medical Image Processing
- Medical Image Processing, Practical Work
- Application of Imaging Modalities
- Advanced Imaging
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 23 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
- First degree as Bachelor (in related disciplines) qualifying for a professional career or a comparable course of studies or a Diploma of a university with 210 CP.
- Knowledge of English language proven by Abitur
- German language certificate level A2 by acknowledged institutions like Goethe-Institut
- Applicants holding a first academic degree (bachelor, diploma etc.) from non-EU-countries: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor
- Proof of particular professional experience
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Semester contribution €335.60
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.