The master's program in Data Science at Varna Free University "Chernorizets Hrabar" is offering specialized training on topical problems of computer science in accordance with international, European and national criteria and requirements. Our goal is to prepare more professionals in the field of data science, answering the needs of software companies.
Varna Free University is a member of BASSCOM and ICT Cluster - Varna
Students in the Data Science programme at Varna Free University "Chernorizets Hrabar" will have the opportunity during their education to participate in a number of initiatives with Bulgarian and foreign companies to support their achievement through new contacts, challenges, competitions, as well as master classes organized by the Department. Additionally, it will be given the opportunity to acquire professional certifications in the field.
Programme learning outcomes
During the training in compulsory courses, students acquire knowledge and skills in computer science such as data analytic methods, data organization and data administration, programming for data science and IoT, semantic data, data visualization, data analysis, data quality, business intelligence analysis, ect.
Students are constantly given the opportunity to complement their professional profile through participation in workshops and master classes for new technologies with experts from practice and development of leadership skills including virtual environments. During the training students will combine auditorium and extracurricular activities under guidance of leading Bulgarian and foreign lecturers.
- Data Analytic Methods (Statistical Analysis)
- Databases (NoSQL/GraphDB)
- Programming in Python for Data Science
- Big Data Analysis
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud/Amazon/Google Web Services
- Cognitive Services
- IT Security
- Data Visualizations
- Business Intelligence
- Information Management
- Data Quality
- Social Network Analysis
- Semantic Data
- Liked Data Lab
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Only feedback on assignments and exams, Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 4 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Bulgaria
Specific Admission Requirements
- Completed bachelor or master degree program in Computer Science. If you have a degree in another professional area you have to discuss with department your experience and sending diplomas and certificates you can be approved on the first stage then you have to follow admission procedures
- An university diploma and standard documents submitted as appropriate, and within the prescribed period;
- Online interview
- Department "Computer Science and Economics" recognizes international diplomas and certificates
International4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2400 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.