Refine your communication design skills
From moving image and sound to questions of brand management and publishing, you’ll stretch your skills and ambition as a postgraduate student at the Communication Design programme of the Norwich University of the Arts. As you develop your own voice and practice through experimentation, you’ll also have the chance to critically examine key design and communication issues such as sustainability, new technology, new audiences and markets, inclusivity and ethics.
NUA’s design expertise
NUA is a centre of design expertise, with students and graduates winning competitions of national and international import, including coveted D&AD Pencils and the RSA Howarth Award. Graduates of our MA Communication Design Masters degree can be found leading global agencies.
Your own career prospects will be greatly enhanced by having the chance to research, test and communicate your design ideas in professional and ‘real world’ contexts – all under expert tuition and making use of industry standard resources.
Graduates work in a broad range of careers including
- Graphic/Web Design
- Art Directing
- Brand Strategy/Design
- Desktop Publishing
- Design Consultancy
- Editorial Design
- Packaging Design
- Studio Management
- Research/PhD Study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research into practice: This unit enables you to gain an understanding of practice-based research methods and the opportunity to engage in critical research around your practice.
- Award Specific Units 1 & 2: Each course features two discrete units where subject specialist issues are explored, promoting the acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
- Self-negotiated unit: This unit provides an opportunity to design and conduct an independent project within a given time scale. This unit will help prepare you for the Masters project.
- Masters project: You will undertake a major independent project specific to your course and chosen specialism. The Masters degree culminates in a public exhibition of work in the final September of study.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Media Studies & Mass Media View 122 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- Entrants should normally have achieved a BA (Hons) / BSc Degree of 2:1 or above (or its equivalent), in a subject related to your proposed course of study.
- Applicants who hold a Degree from another discipline may also be considered for entry, subject to the submission of a satisfactory portfolio of art, design or media-related work in support of their application.
- The offer of entry onto a Masters Degree (MA) is based on an expectation that you have the potential to fulfil the aims of the course of study and achieve the standard required to successfully complete the award.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.