With this International Relations programme at Queen Mary University of London you will expand your knowledge by delving into the complexities of war in a global context, gain an insight into the practices of US foreign policy and learn how globalisation has changed international relations.
The International Relations offers three study options: Master of Arts, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate.
This Masters in International Relations is for you if you want to:
- Understand the current world order from a historical perspective.
- Study when it suits you via an interactive online platform.
- Become part of a diverse international community of students and academics.
- Graduate from a Russell Group university.
- Develop a career in an international organisation such as UN, WHO, IMF or foreign offices.
Graduates from QMUL programmes progress to diverse positions of responsibility in government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), international organisations and the not-for-profit sector as well as broader roles in the media and finance sector. They also go on to careers in academia and our programmes help students develop the required research skills.
The combination of theoretical understanding, rigorous debate, independent research, self-reflection and critical evaluation make graduates from the School of Politics and International Relations very attractive to a range of prospective employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World Politics: Theories, Concepts, Themes
- International Security: War and Peace in a Global Context
- Themes and Cases in US Foreign Policy
- Globalisation and the International Political Economy of Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- Apply before
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 33 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of an upper second-class honours degree in politics or a related discipline.*
- IELTS 7.0 (including 6.5 in the writing component), if your first language is not English.
- We may consider graduates with a minimum of an upper second class-honours degree in another subject with either additional relevant qualifications or work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
£6,250 per year
Bursaries available for top International Relations candidates. Apply by 22 March and receive up to £1000 bursary
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.