It emphasises the integration of technical and business skills. You will learn advanced skills in data management, data mining, decision methods, predictive analytics and visualisation, focusing on their applications to disciplines such as engineering, management, business and finance.
You will also have opportunities to work on projects for various industries and organisations, or on analytical problems through industry sponsored projects, Innovation Central Perth, the Curtin Institute for Computation and others.
Data analytics is used to analyse data in order to draw conclusions - whereas predictive analytics is a newly emerging field that allows us to utilise this data in order to predict future outcomes, allowing companies to make better informed decisions and execute efficient strategies on disruptive technologies.
Predictive analytics can be applied to many fields of interest, from resource operations engineering, asset management and productivity, and finance and investment, to actuarial science and health economics.
- data analyst
- operation and business consultant in resource engineering/asset management/finance.
The course will develop:
- Resource Operations Engineers with a strong knowledge of data analytics
- Scientists with the ability to improve and develop new prediction software
- Business graduates with an excellent understanding of the science and application of predictive analytics
- Finance graduates with an ability to apply predictive analytics to finance and investment forecasting decision making processes.
In addition, these graduates will be well placed to handle the ‘big data’ issues of the future, understand how to overlay historical and prediction data with supply chain financial and other business data and correlate probability assessments for better informed decisions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Management
- Concepts of Data Security
- Decision Methods and Predictive Analytics
- Business Quantitative Techniques
- Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Mining
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Actuarial Science Artificial Intelligence View 20 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Curtin University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 092977C
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, business or commerce from a recognised university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31300 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.