The curriculum of the Applied Mathematics program at University of the Philippines Diliman is designed in such a way that graduates of this program can either work in a research and development institution or proceed to the Institute’s doctoral program.
Aside from the general requirements for admission set forth by the College of Science, applicants of
the MSAM program must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning,
and completion of Advanced Calculus and Linear Algebra courses, among others.
An admitted student may be required by the I-Math Graduate Committee to take a placement
examination. Depending upon the result, s/he may be required to complete appropriate
undergraduate remedial courses in the College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Linear Programming
- Partial Differential Equations
- Mathematics in Biological Processes
- Stochastic Calculus
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning; GWA at a grade not lower than 3.00, to be set by the unit;
- Intellectual capacity and aptitude for advanced studies and research
- Language proficiency; and
- Satisfaction of additional University requirements such as health clearance and other special admission requirements that may be imposed by the unit concerned and/or appropriate Graduate Committee/ Office.
International34 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National34 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Quezon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.