Bioinformatics is an extremely active, interdisciplinary field of research. As a student in the Bioinformatics programme at the University of Copenhagen, you will learn the fundamentals of bioinformatics, which include sequence analysis, protein and RNA structural analysis, genomics, phylogenetics, analysis of high-throughput data, machine learning methods, etc. You specialize within the fields of Computational Biology or Computer Science.
- You will learn to control situations at work and in developments that are complex, unpredictable and require new solutions
- You will learn to individually initiate and complete collaborations and take professional responsibility
- You will learn to find, extract, interpret and evaluate large dataset in complex biological processes
- You will learn to individually take responsibility for your own scientific evolution and specialization
Many MSc graduates in bioinformatics find employment in biotech companies. Many of our graduates so far have continued on to a PhD programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biological Sequence Analysis
- Linux and Python Programming
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Statistics for Bioinformatics and eScience
- Introduction to Data Science
- Population Genetics
- Bioinformatics of High Throughput Analyses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Informatics & Information Sciences Bioinformatics View 4 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Denmark
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree within the field of science or technical science from the University of Copenhagen or other Danish or international universities may also be admitted if the programme includes the following:
- Courses in Molecular Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry corresponding to a minimum of 30 ECTS credits
- Courses in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics corresponding to a minimum of 30 ECTS credits.
The Faculty may also admit applicants who, after an individual academic assessment, are deemed to possess educational qualifications equivalent to those required above.
International14780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7390 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fee: DKK 55,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.