The events of the last few years have exposed new needs in risk measurement and management, derivatives pricing and hedging, portfolio management, model validation and corporate finance
Over the past decade the financial industry has become increasingly complex and volatile. Specialists with a solid analytical background are urgently needed to understand past developments and to drive financial innovation forward.
The curriculum of the Master in Financial Engineering is broad but also specific because it offers an extensive range of electives so students can tailor-make the program to correspond to their career goals.
MFE graduates from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne have the perfect profile to integrate rapidly in financial institutions such as investment banks, rating agencies, consulting and auditing companies, insurance companies and online trading companies. Alternatively, MFE graduates can enter top level PhD programs in finance or financial engineering, such as the Swiss Finance Institute PhD program at EPFL.
- Accounting for Finance
- Introduction to finance
- Quantitative methods in finance
- Stochastic Calculus
- Project in human and social sciences
- Advanced derivatives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance General Engineering & Technology View 43 other Masters in Finance in Switzerland
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of your University degree(s) or Bachelor’s degree.
- Legalized transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation: The recommendation letters must be issued by professors who are well aware of your work and qualities. These recommendations are confidential and will only be accepted if they are received through the electronic application process.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners who already live in Switzerland: your residence permit.
- Extra documents such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- CHF 630 in tuition fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.