Problems in modern society do not fall only into a single specialized field. Under the prospects for the future, methods to solve these problems are formed comprehensively by linking them with various technologies and scientific elements, whilst placing harmony to limit the environmental problems and resource problems, and with traditional culture and values at its base.
This Systems Engineering and Science course at Shibaura Institute of Technology has set the goal that students will be able to establish the issues in modern society in a flexible manner based on science and technology, culture and values, society and the environment, and the ethics for engineering practice. As their basis, they will use the specialized knowledge, which will become their core knowledge, as well as the background knowledge beyond the disciplinary framework and system thinking. They will also acquire the skills to identify cross-disciplinary problems and comprehensive problem-solving skills. Shibaura Institute of Technology will confer the Master’s degree in System Engineering to those who have registered with the Master’s Program for the prescribed period, when the above-described objectives are judged to have been achieved through completing the compulsory subjects, research guidance and specialized subjects, elective subjects and common subjects in the program as well as completing a Master’s thesis.
The requirements for completion to achieve the goals above are specifically determined as follows.
Students will acquire:
- System thought, theories and methods of system engineering, design theory, and system management skills required for resolving social problems by studying the compulsory subjects of this course.
- Communication and leadership skills through “special exercises,” which is one of the compulsory subjects of this course necessary to realize a successful hybrid project involving different academic fields.
- The skills to solve specialized problems by deepening their specialized knowledge and experiences through studying specialized subjects and elective subjects.
- Background knowledge beyond the disciplinary frameworks through studying technologies from other fields, and will have an ability to accurately utilize such background knowledge in society by combining it with the specialized knowledge, which forms the core of their research.
- System Management
- System Thought
- System Method
- Electronics and Information
- Mathematical Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 18 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passport Size Photo
- Residence Card and Passport Copy
- Entrance Examination Fee (￥35,000)
- Bachelor degree certificate.
- Transcript Certificate
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Test Score Report - Scores of TOEIC L&R, TOEIC S&W, TOEFL iBT, GTEC (for Business) or IELTS Academic are acceptable.
International11282 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11282 USD per year during 24 months.
National11292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11292 USD per year during 24 months.
Year 1: 1,465,000¥ Year 2: 1,305,000¥
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.