This Medical Leadership programme at the Royal College of Physicians has been designed in line with the medical leadership competency framework to provide a comprehensive coverage of leadership and management, focusing on the needs of senior clinicians, balancing academic rigour and workplace-based application in recognised healthcare environments. The overall aim is to provide participants with a firm foundation to go on to attain senior levels of management within the field of health, such as clinical directors, medical directors or chief executives.
- This is a cumulative programme and early exit with a Certificate (after year one) or Diploma (after year two) is possible. There are 12 contact days in both the Certificate level and Diploma level of the course allowing likeminded professionals to network and learn from others’ experiences.
- The RCP has access to some of today’s most eminent leaders in healthcare who collaborate with the teaching staff to deliver real-life case studies and guest speaker sessions. These case studies are presented throughout the modules, by postgraduate deans, medical directors and hospital chief executives, putting the academic content into a clinical context. In addition, guest speakers talk honestly about a current or recent issue in their roles, and promote discussion and awareness of the real problems in medical leadership allowing for insight into their personal career paths and leadership experiences.
This postgraduate master's degree qualification (MSc) is a CPD accredited course, taught at RCP London.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding organisations and change
- Leading and developing people
- Employee relations and motivation
- Selection and assessment
- Research methods for medical leadership in practice
- Life career development
- Work and well-being
- Leadership and performance management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Health Sciences View 1510 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The MSc in Medical Leadership is open to fully qualified medical doctors practising within any specialty, with a minimum of 1–2 years of higher specialist training (StR 3–4) or equivalent.
- It is important that the application form includes details of the applicant's roles, responsibilities and interest in medical leadership.
International5550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5550 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA5550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5550 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.