The Sports Broadcast Journalism degree at Solent University also encourages students to develop their editorial and technical skills and build relationships with external clients, whilst creating a portfolio of video, audio and academic material to showcase their abilities to potential employers.
This course is for
- This course is well-suited to those with a sport or journalism background who wish to move into sports broadcasting across traditional and digital platforms.
- The course content is ideal for students wishing to gain a deep understanding of the technical and practical aspects of broadcasting.
- Sports Broadcast Production
- History and Context of Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Documentary-making
- Professional Practice and Media Law
- Final Major Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Sports Sciences View 147 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Solent University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Two academic references.
- Certified transcripts of qualifications, including English language proficiency if non-UK student.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of current visa (if applicable).
- A personal statement.
- Employer sponsor form, where appropriate.
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.