The Computer Science for Digital Media programme offered by Bauhaus University Weimar adopts an integrative approach based on two fundamental concepts:
Study of a selection of primary subject areas: media security, data mining, information retrieval, machine learning, visual analytics, optimization, mathematical modelling, mobile media, human-computer interfaces, usability, graphics, computer vision and visualisation.
Acquisition of soft skills through a project-based study approach including active training of scientific communication, presentation and writing skills in small groups.
- The imparted knowledge of many courses is strongly oriented around the current research of the professorships and provides profound theoretical foundations supplemented by current research questions and results.
- Scientifically-oriented seminars and projects demand a high degree of independent development of scientific knowledge and provide career-relevant key qualifications. The projects provide a framework for students to propose, implement and defend first independent research initiatives.
- Students are regularly involved in current research and development projects during their projects, theses and as student assistants.
- Access to scientific literature (online / on-site) for students is good and the selection available in the library is continually updated by the professors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analysis
- Advanced Cryptography: Cryptographic Hash Functions
- Advanced Cryptography: Secure Channels
- Advanced HCI: Ubiquitous Computing
- Advanced HCI: Theory and Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 86 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission requires a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, media informatics, media technology or a related field with a strong focus on computer science. Bachelor degrees in electrical engineering, physics or mathematics may be eligble if you took a significant number of core computer science courses during your studies. If the converted credit-weighted average grade of your Bachelor's degree is at least 2.0 in the German system, your chances of acceptance are very good.
- We recommend that you acquire some basic German before you come to Weimar, although no official certificates of German language exams are required.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution: 194,07 Euro.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.