With a range of career-enhancing subject specialisms for you to choose from, and personalised support that is tailored to meet your needs, in the PGCE - Primary (QTS) programme of University of Worcester you have the ideal environment to hone your skills as an inspiring and innovative teacher.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is not only an internationally respected route in to a career in teaching, it is also the start of a journey like no other.
- Worcester is one of the country's leading providers of teaching training, with an excellent reputation in this area. We offer a personalised NQT support package for all of our students
- The PGCE explores pedagogy, practice and wider issues of education and society, enhancing your prospects as a practitioner and potentially a future leader in the profession.
- With 60 credits at Masters level and a strong international reputation, a PGCE can take you anywhere, from Masters study to a job on the other side of the world
- You can either take the Early Years (Ages 3-7) route or the Later Years (Ages 5-11) route.
Where could it take you?
- Upon successful completion of the PGCE course, you take with you a Career Entry Profile to start the process of your continuing professional development as a teacher.
- Graduates from the Primary Department at the University of Worcester are extremely employable; employability for the class of 2016/17 was 98%
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice
- Subject Studies
- School Experience
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 819 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- An Honours degree normally (2:2) or higher from a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification. Applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- Grade C/level 4 at GCSE in English Language, Mathematics and Science(or equivalent) passed at time of entry. For further details on our GCSE equivalence tests, please contact AdmissionsA@worc.ac.uk or telephone 01905 855111.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.