About the course
- Experiment and explore emerging technologies and develop innovative and effective combinations of practices and media.
- Develop high-level skills in your chosen specialisms or areas of interest supported by expert tutors.
- Project-based work where the emphasis is on the creative, informed application of new technologies and devices to produce compelling user experiences.
- You will be able to produce a substantial self-initiated digital media project supported by excellent resources and expertise.
Why choose this course?
The Digital Media Arts programme, offered by University of Hertfordshire, award allows students to gain practical experience and knowledge of the ways that a range of contemporary digital media are produced and used, both alone and in combination.
Working in one or more specialisms which can include video, kinetics, animation, games, photography, social and interactive media, students are encouraged to experiment with combinations of media through digital ‘sketches’ and then, through developing more extended works informed by their individual interests, to pursue a substantial, practical enquiry into an original creative application of digital media in a major project.
Students typically explore areas such as interactive advertising, responsive objects and environments, networked information and social-media systems, interactive video, live performance technology and digital art installations.
Interactive Advertising production, Digital strategists, Multimedia producers for TV and Radio, Media designers for Museums and public information systems, Games developers, VJ for live performances, Digital Activism, User Experience innovators, digital entrepreneurs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Economies
- Major Study: Digital Media Arts
- Research and Enquiry
- Practice: Media
- Media Discourses
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 289 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have an honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent professional experience in a digital media area or a strong interest in one or more areas of digital media combined with an honours degree (2:2 or above) in an unrelated area. Accreditation of professional experience may be possible for practitioners without a first degree.
- With your application, please supply a link to an online portfolio of digital media work. Your portfolio should show evidence of creativity and innovation in one or more of the subject areas covered by this course. We also require a personal statement explaining why you want to study Digital Media Arts at Masters level and what you hope to gain from doing the course.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8925 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8925 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU Students: £745 per 15 credits
- International Students: £1125 per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.