History of Design from Royal College of Art research-led teaching and experiential methods inspire and train future leaders in the field. Alumni of the programme are today working successfully in a range of positions across universities, museums, cultural organisations, design firms and media outlets, as well as in independent practice.
Students at History of Design from Royal College of Art will:
- Present coherent arguments in written and oral forms, based on historical evidence, using the scholarly standards and conventions of the professional historian;
- Confidently employ the skills of interdisciplinary working and collaboration in public facing communication of history of design practices;
- Design, develop and deliver a self-directed research project, working with self-reflexivity and originality;
- Articulate their own professional identity in relation to the knowledge, skills and values of the practices of design history
- Artefacts in History
- Research in the History of Design and Material Culture
- Urgency of the Arts
- Independent Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 199 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must normally have obtained a good relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Portfolio requirements
- English-language requirements
International35000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.