We approach the field critically and theoretically, ensuring that the knowledge and understanding of these practices is grounded in the context of public audiences, urbanisation and the digital.
- Our research-led and practice-led teaching by staff and visiting tutors ensures the curatorial and artistic significance, intellectual value and critical vitality of the programme.
- In the Curating Contemporary Art programme from Royal College of Art, we offer practice-based learning and research-led teaching, through collaborative and project-based work. You’ll undertake a graduate project with external high-profile partners as well as an independent research-based dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to regular core unit lectures and seminars by tutors, your first year will include a wide range of talks by visiting curators, critics, artists, gallerists and academics.
- These will provide you with knowledge of specific case studies, exhibition histories, curatorial positions and artist perspectives from a wide range of national and international visiting practitioners.
- You’ll also be part of off-site visits to practitioner studios, museums, galleries and areas of urban development to ensure situated, grounded and spatial knowledge acquisition.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Museum Studies View 78 other Masters in Museum Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry is based on a high standard of final-year undergraduate work (as reflected in portfolio or degree classification), or on advanced work of an equivalent level.
- The ABCD is empowered to make judgements about the extent to which qualifications or experience gained elsewhere may be accepted in partial fulfilment of its requirements.
- Upon entry to any of the College’s programmes you should be able to demonstrate:
- The potential to benefit from and contribute to the programme of study or research for which you are applying.
- Prior knowledge and experience indicating the potential to achieve the independence necessary for postgraduate study in a specialist discipline.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to confront the issues to be addressed in preparation for a future professional career.
International29000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9750 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.