Photography from Royal College of Art understands photography as a discourse that encompasses and extends across multiple practices. This disregard for a fixed essence is photography’s strength: no aesthetic purity but a range of rhetorical forms used for the creation of fact, fiction and fantasy. Equally the boundary between the still and the moving image is fluid and porous, enabling new forms of image making to be created and disseminated.
Students at Photography from Royal College of Art will:
- Evaluate and critique the principles and methods of research in their field(s) of study, and apply these principles to their creative, professional and/or scholarly practice;
- Demonstrate originality in how they translate knowledge into practice;
- Communicate their creative, professional and/or scholarly practice to a non-specialist audience;
- Situating Photography: Practice and Discourse
- Making Public
- Urgency of the Arts
- Independent Research Project
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Liberal Arts View 348 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must normally have obtained a good relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Portfolio requirements
- English-language requirements
International25600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 GBP for the full programme during 15 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme during 15 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.