The Design Products identity is characterised by a pluralistic approach to designing for purpose through a number of design cultures – Design through Making, Design for Manufacture, Object Mediated Interactions, Design as Catalyst and Exploring Emergent Futures – which are underpinned by a set of contextual and real-world themes. This provides a platform for students to conceptualise and validate ideas by challenging people, places, things and systems through crafted artefacts.
Through tutoring from practising designers and design researchers, students determine their own design culture. Team and individual projects, often involving external partners, help to build a portfolio of work that locates them in their desired professional context. Graduates are creative catalysts and visionaries who go on to become leaders in their respective fields.
The Programme offers:
- critical feedback to develop design identities
- tutors who are leading practitioners and researchers
- technical support for prototyping
- access to College workshops and technical facilities
- opportunities to exhibit in London and elsewhere
- collaborative projects with industrial partners
- a truly international perspective, with students from around 20 nations.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Programme consist of two Pathways (subject to validation):
- Design Products Pathway as described above.
- Design Futures Pathway consisting of 60 tailored units and with the possibility to continue into the independent final project.
- New notions & actions from new technology
- Networked design
- The making of things
- Human culture
- Design for Enterprise
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design View 25 other Masters in User Experience Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Entrance requirements for Design Products are:
- a good undergraduate degree or equivalent
- proficient written and spoken English
Several years of professional experience, either before or after a first degree, is a benefit.
Applications are welcomed from candidates from related backgrounds, such as art or engineering.
- Digital Portofolio
- Interview (if invited)
International28400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28400 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
UK and EU students receive a subsidy from the British Government and pay a reduced fee. To qualify for the home or EU rate of tuition fees you will need to meet certain strict conditions related to your nationality, visa status and residency.
To find out more about how fee status is assessed, visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.