Why this programme
- The International Financial Analysis programme of the University of Glasgow is part of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. It has been acknowledged for incorporating at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). The knowledge acquired on the programme should position you well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
- The curriculum is industry driven aiming to solidify and expand your knowledge of financial markets and a range of financial products traded therein. It will equip you with analytical tools used in financial analysis so you will be proficient at analysing and interpreting financial information in order to make optimal decisions.
- You will have an opportunity to apply for one of the five CFA scholarships each year- you can take the CFA exam either during the academic year or after you graduate.
- The Adam Smith Business School has a wide range of statistical packages and financial data sources and engines including Bloomberg terminals, WRDS: Compustat, CRSP, Thomson Reuters Insider Data, Datastream and Thomson ONE & Deals.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Graduates have gone on to be senior investment managers, business analysts, and budgeting and reporting HR managers. Employers include Volkswagen Finance, Standard Chartered Bank, Deloitte and Johnson & Johnson. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate finance and investment
- Financial analysis and equity valuation
- Financial econometrics
- Financial reporting and interpretation
- International capital markets
- Financial management in banking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 207 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject, with at least one course in introductory finance or economics, and introductory accounting and school level mathematics, or at least one course in university level mathematics
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International26000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.