The course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as a recognised stage 1 qualification for those wishing to pursue a career as a Sport and Exercise Psychologist whilst also fulfilling the requirements for graduates wishing to pursue professional training through the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
By studying a Chichester you will have the opportunity to become involved in the wider research and consultancy work of the department which include Sport and Exercise Psychology academics and consultants.
Our MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology seeks to provide you with an opportunity to develop advanced knowledge of the discipline and to increase your skills in applying such knowledge in the context of sport performance and exercise for health and wellbeing.
The course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as a recognised stage 1 qualification for those wishing to pursue a career as a Practicing Sport and Exercise Psychologist (through the BPS, qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology) whilst also fulfilling the requirements for Sport and Exercise Science graduates wishing to pursue professional accreditation through the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
Graduates from this MSc have also developed careers in other fields such as academia, teaching, research, coaching, health and wellbeing and business. By studying at Chichester you will have the opportunity to become involved in the wider research and consultancy work of the department which includes Sport and Exercise Psychology academics and consultants.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social Processes in Sport
- Performance Psychology
- Motor Learning and Control
- Enhancing Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Professional Practice in Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Advanced Applied Research Skills for Sport
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 739 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7040 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.