With 28 megacities and a global urban population of four billion , urban life is experiencing momentous change. New social groups are emerging, populations are ageing, family units are extending and dispersing, work is becoming casualised and whole communities have moved online. At the same time, dangerous new social divides are appearing on the periphery of cities between different cultures and different generations.
New possibilities are emerging and their consequences promise to be profound: modern social movements, automated building supply chains, technology platforms, driverless transport and logistics, distributed water and energy infrastructure – all will radically reshape the city’s fundamental building blocks.
The Programme offers:
- an intensive series of seminars, lectures, workshops and symposia that cultivate new and experimental approaches to the discipline
- the opportunity to pursue a degree within a world-leading art and design institution
- access to a rich culture of radical and experimental interdisciplinary work at the RCA
- the chance to establish a network of colleagues and mentors in London
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical and Historical Studies
- Technical Workshop
- Independent Research Project
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 237 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective candidates are likely to be students of architecture with a three+two-year Bachelor and Master’s degree, or Master’s-equivalent five-year Diploma preferably in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or other related design discipline looking to acquire expertise in large scale, urban/city design projects.
- Other backgrounds, such as social sciences, geography, urban studies, planning or economics, will also be considered if prior work is of exceptional merit and students are able to demonstrate their ability to work alongside and contribute to multidisciplinary teams.
- Interview (if invited)
International34000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
UK and EU students receive a subsidy from the British Government and pay a reduced fee. To qualify for the home or EU rate of tuition fees you will need to meet certain strict conditions related to your nationality, visa status and residency.
To find out more about how fee status is assessed, visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.