Our MA Music Performance degree requires a fluent level of technical and expressive skill and the range of support included for the development of performance skills is extensive, including weekly individual tuition in your instrument or voice, group performance skills development each week, masterclass attendance at Chichester and at other institutions, ensemble participation, and a consultation with an external specialist each semester.
This process ensures that the regular support you receive from teachers who are familiar to you is complemented by invaluable exposure to other professional views and experience of different institutions.
Students study the work of specialists in their own performance field, develop a lecture recital and research relevant areas of repertoire and performance practice. The dissertation takes the form of a recital, presented at the beginning of the following academic year.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Lecture Recital
- Portfolio Experience
- Recital (Double Module)
- Written Exercise
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMusic View 208 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9640 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.