Bioengineering from BAU seeks to integrate quantitative and design approaches to biological systems, encompassing a range of specific disciplines from macro to nano-scales. Bioengineering has started to develop especially from the 21th century and is suggested as a keystone field for social-economic development of humanity. Nowadays, this science by combining many different fields of engineering such as thermodynamics, flow mechanics, mass-temperature transfer, bioreactor design and kinetics with a variety of biological fields like microbiology, genetics, protein chemistry and metabolism suggests promising solutions for industrial and medical problems.
Students at Bioengineering from BAU will:
- bring a unique way of scientific thought to solve scientific and practical problems,
- develop a new methodology or use a known technology to solve a new problem in life sciences related fields.
- work on biocompatible material production which can be used as food additives, energy carriers (hydrogen, bioethanol, biogas and etc.), medicines (antibiotics, vitamins, hormones and etc.) and biochemicals (protein and amino acids, organic acids, pesticides and a variety of polimers).
- Basic Concepts in Bioengineering
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Basic Techniques in Bioengineering
- Master Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Genetics View 105 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Copy of Passport
- Submit a copy of Undergraduate Diploma (in English or Turkish)
- Transcript of records/required scores (in English or Turkish)
- Foreign language exam results (if any)
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.