The MA International Education offered by the University of Sunderland is a distance-learning course, allowing you to gain a very well-respected masters degree from anywhere in the world.
This degree is ideal for teachers or other educational professionals working in international schools who want to develop their careers.
- ‘World-leading’ research in Education according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Prepares you for promotion and professional advancement in roles linked to teaching and educational management in an international school setting
- Study in a flexible, independent and yet well-supported manner that enables you to achieve a Masters qualification whilst also being busy as a full-time teacher
- Enables you to become a member of an international ‘community of learning and practice’ through the encouraged use of discussion boards throughout the programme
- Carry out research which is specific to your own workplace and study from anywhere in the world
This degree is ideal for teachers and other people working within international education institutions who want to quickly progress their careers. It will qualify you for more senior positions in teaching and educational management in international schools.
The knowledge and skills you develop will also transfer to many other sectors, particularly education policy and government.Please note that this course does not qualify you as a teacher.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Development of Learning: A Case Study
- Negotiated Individual Study in Education
- The International School Curriculum
- Leading and Managing in International Schools
- Developing Reflective Practices
- Advanced Pedagogical Practice in Subject Related Disciplines
- Leading Organisational Effectiveness in Education and Training
- The Nature of Teaching and Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply at least 6 months in advance .
DisciplinesEducation View 146 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- We usually require applicants to hold at least a second class honours degree (usually a 2:1) or equivalent.
- You will also usually need a recognised teaching qualification.
International3727 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7455 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3727 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7455 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- The Government offers several grants that don’t need to be paid back to help with the costs of Higher Education.
- Disabled Students Allowance.
- Childcare Grant - Full-time students with children.
- £1,500 tuition fee reduction (undergraduates) or £1,000 tuition fee reduction (postgraduates).
- £1,200 tuition fee reduction for each year of study - Students applying for full-time undergraduate programmes at partner colleges.
- £2,450 fee reduction for students applying for On-Campus Extended programmes.
- £2,000 for full-time Home and EU undergraduates with ABB grades at A Level or equivalent.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.