Wind Engineering from Flensburg University of Applied Sciences includes training interdisciplinary generalists with specialised skills in either electrical, mechanical or civil engineering. But above all we want our students to be able to understand and handle both, classic and new wind turbines and wind power plants in a system oriented manner. Our graduates have acquired skills in the design, construction and operation of these systems and their components.
As a graduate of this course you will be able to start your career in a variety of fields in Germany and internationally. Your profound knowledge in wind engineering as well as your problem solving and social skills will make you an interesting candidate for a number of jobs in a growing market that will play a major role in the future.
Your future employers could be wind turbine manufacturers or suppliers, wind farm operators or government institutions. Local authorities could benefit from your qualifications as well as insurance companies or research and development institutes.
- Scientific and technical writing
- Global Wind industry and environmental conditions
- Wind farm project management and GIS
- Advanced engineering mathematics
- Wind turbine aerodynamics
- Certification, load assumptions and simulations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Earlier deadlines to give you more time for visa application etc.: for:
- Winter entry - 15 May
- Summer entry - 15 Nov
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 18 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's or Diplom degree programme in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Energy Systems Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering with a final grade of at least "good" (i.e. "gut" in the German system), or
- Final grade is below "good", a minimum of two favourable letters of reference from professors of the university/universities you have previously attended
- tabular CV, including a current photograph
- officially certified photocopy of your higher education entrance qualification
- officially certified photocopy of your bachelor’s or Diplom degree certificate (especially if you are applying for a master’s degree programme)
- officially certified photocopies of any certificates, transcripts of records or grades you received at any university or similar institution you previously attended
- officially certified photocopy of the certificate proving your English language proficiency
The semester fee for the Studentenwerk (student services organisation) Schleswig-Holstein and for the student population is a total of 227.00 euros.
Living costs for Flensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.