What's covered in the course?
- Specialist individual tuition.
- One or two dedicated CBSO mentors.
- Regular opportunities to rehearse within the CBSO.
- Access to a range of departmental activities and to masterclasses with distinguished visiting guest artists within the Conservatoire.
- Frequent chances to perform within the Conservatoire, including solo, chamber and orchestral opportunities.
- A core career development module designed to get your thinking about your future professional plans.
- The flexibility to choose from a broad menu of Professional Development modules designed to help you work towards achieving your personal career aspirations.
- In MMus, a core module designed to develop your skills as a researchers or informed practitioner.
- The possibility of transferring from PgDip to MMus once you have begun your studies (but before completion of the PgDip).
Why Choose Us?
The opportunity to learn while playing alongside professional players in one of the UK’s leading orchestras is clearly an extremely valuable one.
Furthermore, at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire we provide a friendly and supportive environment in which you can pursue your postgraduate studies.
This is a time when you need to think particularly carefully and strategically about the direction of your developing career as a musician.
We therefore encourage you to be ambitious in pursuing your aspirations, and endeavour to provide you with the flexibility to mould your course to your individual needs, both within your Principal Study area and in complementary modules.Orchestral Performance (Strings) - MMus / PgDip is provided by Birmingham City University.
- Principal Study
- Career Development
- Professional Development Option
- Principal Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 51 other Masters in Music Performance in United Kingdom
- UK students should normally hold an honours degree, ideally but not necessarily in Music.
- Non-UK students should hold a Bachelor's degree or a similar degree-equivalent diploma, ideally but not necessarily in Music.
- All applicants for this course will be auditioned.
- Home student auditions will be scheduled live in Birmingham, while special arrangements will be made for EU/international students unable to travel to the UK.
- You will present an extended piece such as the first movement of a concerto, play specific orchestral excerpts, and undertake some sight-reading.
- Further details about the audition will be supplied once we have received an application.
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.