Graduates from the programme (who also hold an Graduate Basis Chartered UG degree) are deemed to have met stage one of the requirements for Chartered Membership of the Society (CPsychol) and full membership of the Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology within the BPS.
The British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited MSc in Sport Psychology of Cardiff Metropolitan University is designed to be flexible, meet students' needs and develop a range of transferable skills that will enhance their employability. The programme is delivered by a team of dedicated sport psychology staff, many of whom are at the forefront of international research and professional practice developments in their respective fields. The application of theory to professional practice is a key strength of the programme.
The MSc in Sport Psychology (BPS accredited) is ideally suited to those aspiring to become practicing sport psychologists, as well as teachers, lecturers and coaches. Successful completion of the MSc Sport Psychology forms part of Stage 1 training towards BPS Chartered Status and will enable students to progress onto Stage 2 training if they hold full GBC membership entitlement.
The MSc in Sport Psychology provides a platform from which students can pursue Supervised Experience through the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) leading to potential accreditation as a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist. The programme provides an excellent spring board for students wishing to progress to MPhil/PhD study.
- The British Psychological Society (BPS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation Project
- Research Methods in Sport (Quantitative Pathway)
- Counselling Approaches and Skills for Sport Psychologists
- Professional Development and Practice in Sport Psychology
- Development Perspectives and Athlete Well-being
- Research Design in Sport Psychology
- Sport Psychology: Theory to Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 748 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Applicants must have one of the following:
- Applicants must hold a BPS accredited undergraduate degree in psychology (2.1 or above) or an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) in sport/exercise science (or related programme) with a significant sport psychology element.
- Applicants who do not hold an initial degree must have substantial experiential learning in a sport and/or mainstream psychology domain.
Students are normally selected on the basis of their formal application, curriculum vitae and may be asked to attend an interview. All applicants are usually invited to have an informal conversation (in person, skype or phone) with the programme director before any offer is made.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.