Sport and Exercise Science programme at Cardiff Metropolitan University is contained within the Cardiff School of Sport & Health Sciences Postgraduate Scheme in Sport. The programme is centred on research-informed learning and professional practice and adopts a student-centred approach to develop understanding of contemporary issues in sport and exercise through multi- and independent discipline perspectives. Within the programme, students can elect to specialise in specific named pathways in Biomechanics, Physiology and Physical Activity & Health or within the general pathway of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Many graduates of the programme go on to gain employment in research or professional practice in a directly relevant area. Many graduates of the programme are currently studying for a research degree (MPhil/PhD) in a related subject demestically or internationally. Other graduates have pursued careers as clinical and applied science consultants, lecturers (further and higher education) and, in the fitness and training industry. Recent graduates have also secured employment as applied sport scientists in the National Institutes of Sport (e.g. English Institute of Sport, Sport Wales), within UK academic departments and within clinical practices.
We have a thriving campus with a focus on sport and exercise and we have excellent links with governing bodies; both of these help to provide students with vital work expereince to help secure future employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Sport
- Developing Professional Skills in SES
- Sport Psychology: Theory to Practice
- Biomechanics of Sport Performance
- Biomechanics of the Injury Process
- Physiology of Sports Performance
- Cardiovascular Exercise Physiology
- Physical Activity, Exercise and Illness
- Psychology of Physical Activity, Exercise and Wellness
- Independent Study
- Supervised Placement
- Exercise, Testing and Interpretation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 318 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
The programme is designed for science-based graduates or professionals working within a related field. The specific entry requirements include:
- An honours degree (2.1 or above) in a sport or exercise related area appropriate to the programme.
- An honours degree (2.1 or above) in an alternative discipline area that is acceptable to the Programme Director.
- Candidates with exceptional and extensive work experience in sport science or exercise science will also be considered for entry to the programme.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.