- MSc Financial Management
- MSc Financial Management (Change Management)
- MSc Financial Management (Islamic Finance)
- MSc Financial Management (Strategic Management)
- MSc Financial Management (International Finance)
- MSc Financial Management (Project Management)
The MSc Financial Management at Cardiff Metropolitan University offers a suite of optional module and pathways, which will enable learners to tailor their programme to suit their individual needs and interest.
The demand for highly skilled and knowledgeable finance professionals shows no signs of abating over the coming years – and in the view of some may well increase. This demand has been instrumental in designing this flexible and challenging suite of programmes. In order to maximise employability the programme learning outcomes are geared towards supplying students with the knowledge, skills and understanding that the finance industry requires. A key component of this is the module "Current Issues in Accounting, Banking & Finance".
The programme seeks to meet individual and industry needs by developing students with higher-level cognitive skills and abilities who also possess an excellent practical understanding of "how to apply" rather than just "why it happens". The programme includes a 20 credit optional Professional Work Experience module, which involves a minimum 4 week work placement to take place outside the teaching semesters. Students are expected to organise their own placement and all such placements must be substantive and at an appropriate level. These placements will involve "employer" input and must be approved by the Programme Director prior to commencement. Alternatively students with appropriate managerial level experience within an appropriate field can apply for "Recognition of this Prior Experiential Learning".
The School of Management has opportunities for successful graduates to apply for M.Phil./ PhD study within the School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance & Risk
- Current Issues in Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Management of Finance
- Quantitative Finance
- Research Methods
- Capital Markets & Derivatives
- Crisis, Risk & Strategic Change Management
- Finance of International Business
- Global Business Strategy
- Innovation and Risk Management
- International Political Economy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 846 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Prospective students should hold an undergraduate degree (normally of classification 2:1 or above) or its equivalent in a relevant area e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Studies with a substantive finance element, or:
- Five years relevant work experience in the field of finance, or:
- Suitable professional qualifications from bodies such as ACCA, CII, CFA, IFS etc. In some instances those with higher level professional qualifications may be exempt from several taught modules. Such exemptions would be discussed on a case by case basis with the Programme Director.
- In general terms graduates from non-financial disciplines will not normally have the pre-existing skills set to succeed on the programme BUT such students are welcome to apply and such applications will be viewed on an individual basis.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.