The MSc Accounting and Finance at Cardiff Metropolitan University offers a suite modules, core and optional, which will enable learners to choose some modules to suit their individual needs and interest.
This MSc is also suitable for individuals who aim to become professionally qualified accountants as it offers modules which are closely aligned to the Professional level syllabus of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification. By choosing a set combination of modules, learners can simultaneously cover key aspects of ACCA's Professional level syllabus.
The demand for highly skilled and knowledgeable finance professionals is now more global than ever before. No longer are London and New York the only homes for large multi-national international financial businesses and institutions. These potential employers are now additionally located in the Middle and Far- East and a postgraduate student is almost as likely to find their first job in Dubai, Bahrain or Shanghai as in the traditional centres.
This demand has been instrumental in designing this challenging suite of programmes. In order to maximise employability the programme learning outcomes are geared towards supplying students with the knowledge, skills and understanding that the finance industry requires. A key component of this is the module “Current Issues in Accounting, Banking & Finance”.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial Management
- Advanced Performance Management
- Corporate Finance And Risk
- Current Issues in Accounting, Banking & Finance
- Governance Risk & Ethics
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 270 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Applicants should meet one of the following:
- Possess, or expect to obtain, an undergraduate degree or equivalent, in a relevant area (Accounting, Economics or Finance) with a minimum of a 2:2 classification. Students with a general Business Studies degree with a relevant pathway or substantive appropriate module coverage will be considered on a case by case basis;
- Have a minimum of five years relevant work experience in the field of finance;
- Hold a suitable professional qualification from an appropriate professional body. In some instances those with higher level professional qualifications may be exempt from specific taught modules. Such exemptions would be discussed on a case by case basis with the Programme Director.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.