The International diplomacy and trade program at Monash University explores the security, ethical, legal and economic dimensions of international relations. You will examine key issues in foreign policy, world order, European studies, crisis management and terrorism, as well as the gender, development, migration and governance aspects of global politics.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- Understand, apply and critique key IR themes, methods and theories through both independent and collaborative activities, presentations and written assessments
- Utilise advanced research skills to examine, analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of international relations policies, programs and institutions
- Apply theory in complex areas of practice
- Communicate multifaceted ideas and arguments in international relations to specialists and lay persons
- Develop interpersonal and intercultural skills and demonstrate a knowledge on the diversity of world views and their impact on international issues and decisions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Global governance
- International political economy
- International security studies
- Knowledge and power in world politics
- Big ideas in international relations policy
- International relations field unit: Governing peace and security
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application dates vary by faculty but generally open early August and close in late November.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 66 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
- CRICOS: 082659M
Entry level 1:
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least credit (60%) average, or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
Entry level 2:
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average, or qualification/ experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent
International33300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33300 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.