The Materials engineering program at Monash University is designed to prepare students to appreciate and exploit the central role of materials in addressing the present technical, economic and environmental problems involved in the design and construction of engineering structures, processes and devices.
This course is ideally suited for new graduates as well as professional engineers who are eager to advance their applied knowledge in the area of Materials Engineering.
Enhancement units are designed to provide breadth and are taken from either another engineering specialisation or in complementary areas such as information technology and business.
The Master of Advanced Engineering could also be your stepping stone to a research degree. All of this in highly interactive, expert led classes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced engineering data analysis
- Engineering entrepreneurship
- Work integrated learning
- Accounting for business
- Corporate sustainability regulation
- Biomass and biorefineries
- Nanostructured membranes for separation and energy production
- Smart grids
- Research practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 19 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of the equivalent of a 4 year Australian Bachelor of Engineering in the relevant discipline with a minimum 70% average (Australian equivalent).
- The equivalent of a four-year Australian Bachelor of Engineering in the relevant discipline with a minimum 65% average (Australian equivalent) and at least three year's relevant engineering work experience. A Curriculum Vitae is also required as part of your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National38400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38400 AUD per year during 12 months.
Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.