The General education studies program at Monash University addresses the professional learning needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in learning and education in the wider community. Step beyond where you are now and position yourself as a thought leader, as you connect with research excellence and transform how you practice.
You’ll broaden your knowledge of key learning constructs, advance your capacity as a professional inquirer and deepen your professional learning in one of the following specialisations:
- Digital learning
- Early childhood education
- General education studies
- Inclusive and special education
In the Master of Education you can graduate with a broadly applicable qualification by choosing general education studies, or you can choose one of the three other specialisations and graduate with a qualification highlighting your particular expertise. All specialisations have elective options, to allow you to further focus on your desired professional outcomes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interacting with research in education contexts
- Investigating education issues in global contexts
- Action research in contemporary educational contexts
- Education in contemporary contexts
- Enhancing education to work transitions and employability
- Promoting and sustaining social and emotional learning in educational contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 132 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 078862J
Entry level 1:
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average.
Entry level 2:
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average and a minimum of two years of full time equivalent relevant professional experience
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Education or a related discipline as relevant to the specialisation with at least a credit (60%) average
- A four-year Australian undergraduate honours degree or an Australian graduate certificate or an Australian graduate diploma (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 12 months.
National24300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24300 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.