What's covered in the course?
- This course aims to enable you to become a leader and change agent, developing the knowledge and skills needed to work within this new multi-disciplinary public health landscape.
- You will advance your public health knowledge, skills and approach to teamwork, multi-agency collaboration and community partnerships throughout the modules on this course and critically evaluate strategies to improve public health outcomes. These skills are increasingly relevant for the public health workforce who may be located within a variety of settings including the local authority, the NHS, the voluntary or the private sector.
- You will be taught by highly experienced tutors who come from a range of disciplinary backgrounds including, research and policy, health psychology, epidemiology, sociology of health, health policy, health economics and leadership. You will also experience guest lectures from visiting relevant professionals from organisations such as Public Health England, the Faculty of Public Health, the voluntary sector and local government.
- This is a heavily practice-based course, with excellent links to employers in the field of public health, for example, local government, Public Health England and a variety of voluntary organisations.
Enhancing employability skills
The course will enhance your career prospects, enabling you to progress onto more senior public health roles at either operational, policy or commissioning level. The transferrable nature of the course also means you could move into a management or research post.Public Health - MSc / PgCert / PgDip is provided by Birmingham City University.
Past graduates include a number of people now working in prominent roles regionally and nationally such as; National Mental Health Promotion Lead, Regional Commissioning Manager, Consultant in Public Health and Director of Public Health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Foundations: Models, Approaches and Practice
- Epidemiology and Evaluation
- Research Methods and of Enquiry
- Public Health from Health Protection to Community Development
- Public Health in a Social Context: People, Places and Policy
- Global Public Health: A Social Context Approach
- Leadership for Health and Healthcare
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 341 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a subject associated with or of relevance to public health
- Current or recent experience of working in a public health or health promotion role or capacity. (This may be as your main role or as an aspect of your role. It may also be in a paid or voluntary capacity and as a professional or non-professional)
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part Time - £720 per 20-credit module
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.