The Environmental Engineering programme at Riga Technical University aims to prepare systemically thinking, on environmental prevention and the development and deployment of innovative zero-pollution technologies oriented, high-skilled specialists with integrated academic education (Master of engineering science degree) in two specializations: Environmental engineering and Circular Bioeconomy.
- Graduates of the study programme may work as leading specialists in the fields of environmental protection, bioeconomy, energy (thermal energy and smart energy), energy efficiency, environmental status modelling, resource management and related industries, able to develop and implement innovative environments and climate technologies in companies, manage the development and implementation of environmental laws in public authorities, and manage development projects in the field of environmental engineering at municipal level.
- Graduates of the programme are able to carry out research in the environmental engineering and energy sector, as well as to develop and implement environmental engineering projects.
- Environmental Technologies
- Advanced Energy Technologies
- Environmental Management
- Environmental policy and economics
- Basics of Labour Protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in engineering science, social sciences, or comparable education. Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity;
- Students applying for master programmes will be asked to record a video interview.
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.