The Project Management postgraduate programme at the University of Northampton is designed to address the growing complexity of projects and incorporates key project management tools and techniques. You will gain an understanding of the core competencies required by project managers to drive projects to a successful conclusion, as well as an appreciation of using a more holistic, international and ethical stakeholder project management approach.
This course will support your career progression by developing your critical thinking and research skills in order to enhance your business knowledge and understanding. The MSc will teach you the theory of effective project management practice and equip you with the essential skills, confidence and competence to assist you when you venture into your chosen industry. You will learn to think laterally, challenge convention and offer knowledge-based solutions to business issues. You will be encouraged to think and operate in a different way which is an advantage that will set you apart from peers and colleagues in the business environment.
This course explores project management through a series of progressive modules, developing your knowledge from the fundamentals, through to modules addressing risk, resilience and contingency planning. You will also explore key issues facing project managers such as project finance and procurement, managing project teams, critical perspectives and social impact and responsibility.
This Project Management degree course also has the option of a 12-month industry placement. A project management industrial placement will give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in a real-world environment, while completing an applied research project. This will give you an advantage over the competition for jobs and scholarships after you graduate and could be a good starting point for setting up your own consultancy business.
- This course will prepare you for a career in the public sector, service industries, information technology, engineering or any other business area needing project management skills. Graduates from this course have gone on to roles such as project team members in a variety of positions, including everything from project support to project management.
Programme StructureCourses include
- Project Management
- Risk, Resilience in Holistic Value Chain Management
- Finance and Procurement Management
- Critical Issues in Project Management
- Social Responsibility and Impact
- Managing Project Teams
- Career Futures: Employability Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 152 other Masters in Innovation Management in United Kingdom
- If you hold a recognised first or second class honours degree (or equivalent) you will be eligible to apply for this course.
- If you have relevant work experience in the Project Management field and related professional qualifications you will also be considered on an individual basis.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.