In today’s global, fast-moving business environment it is often people that determine organisational success. Human Resources Management (HRM) is a strategic, business-focused approach to managing people. HR specialists help organisations achieve success by providing knowledge, expertise and insight into a wide range of HRM activities from talent resourcing and selection, performance management, learning and development, change management and employee engagement. HR can be an exciting, rewarding and challenging career that can take you anywhere in the world.
The aim of this Human Resource Management MA course from the University of Northampton is to develop you as an HR professional. You will be introduced to specialised knowledge and research evidence giving you an in depth understanding of successful people management in organisations. Perhaps more importantly, you will practice the tools and techniques of strategic and operational HRM giving you practical, insight-driven experience which will help further your career.
The course modules are designed to provide you with expert knowledge of distinct HR subject areas combined with exposure to contemporary debates, policies and practices, keeping you at the forefront of developments in your field. You will develop an understanding of HRM within a range of organisational contexts, and you will be equipped with the analytical and diagnostic skills required of HR professionals in the workplace.
- The MA HRM opens the way for a career in HRM/HRD. The programme provides opportunities for you to develop enhanced, specialist, higher level knowledge, skills and leadership capabilities and equips you with enhanced career pathways in the HRM/HRD field within different organisational contexts.
- HRM in Context
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Performance Management
- Dissertation and Research Methods
- Resourcing and Developing Talent
- Employment Law and Relations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Human Resource Management Public Law View 298 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Northampton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You will normally need to hold a recognised First or Second Class Honours degree from a UK University (or an international equivalent) in human resource management, or in business, commerce, management or related disciplines.
- It would be an advantage for applicants to have experience of working in a HR or general management role for at least a year.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part Time: Year One: £2,490; Year Two: £4,980
Distance Learning: £1,555 (per 20 credits)
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.