During this Agricultural Sciences master offered by ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology , students study relevant research questions and findings from both basic and applied research. They operate successfully in the field of tension between globalisation and regional identity, competitiveness and sustainability, and the interests of business and society.
They are important problem-solvers of the coming decades, able to analyse the many elements of the world food system and develop appropriate solutions, both for Switzerland and for other regions of the world. Graduates from the Master’s degree programme are equipped with high-level theoretical and methodological competence and with social skills to take up challenging professional work or an academic career.
A student’s professional identity is defined by the chosen major. Students can choose from three majors:
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Sciences
- Plant Sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Weather Systems
- Atmospheric Physics
- Numerical Methods in Environmental Sciences
- Introduction Course to Master Studies Atmosphere and Climate
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The printout of the online application form and the complete set of supporting documents must arrive at the Admissions Office by the deadline.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent first degree from an internationally recognised university:
- The Bachelor's degree is based on at least three years of study (full-time equivalent) or 180 credits ECTS (European credit transfer system), respectively. 1 credit ECTS corresponds to a workload of 25-30 hours.
- The Bachelor's degree qualifies the holder to enter, without additional requirements, Master's degree programmes at a university within the education system where the the Bachelor's degree was acquired.
International1240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National1240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.