AAU’s location in Central Europe creates an academic community where students can experience individual and collaborative problem-solving in small, interactive, and culturally diverse classes. Personal and cultural histories flavor the program’s curriculum to create unparalleled education in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Globalization has created a new type of international environment, that challenges the known world order and demands reflection. The Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy program encourages students to identify, understand and criticize current geopolitical trends, conflicts and social movements with high academic proficiency.
The International Relations and Diplomacy graduate program from Anglo-American University, Prague builds on theory and conceptual knowledge of world affairs with an emphasis on their application in individual or collective research in the fields of international relations, conflict studies, globalization and development or diplomatic history. The curriculum offers a broad range of elective courses allowing our students to pursue their interests and fruther develop critical thinking. Throughout studies, our graduate students cultivate their skills in research methods, diplomatic protocol or thesis writing seminar in preparation for work in governmental or non-governmental organizations, diplomacy, think tanks and academic institutions, as well as in international business organizations.
Our graduates are prepared for success in highly professional positions in government and non-government organizations, diplomacy, think tanks and academic institutions, and international and supranational business organizations, where their knowledge and skill is required to make conclusions and recommendations. Our graduates are prepared particularly for where any of the above interact with activities in intercultrual communciation, media, the press, and research.
Gradates are also encouraged to user their title for application to Ph.D programs in the European Union, United States, Canada and many other countries.
Whilst the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause uncertainty, we are working to ensure that our students continue to receive a comparable university experience despite the unique circumstances. For the fall 2020, AAU will be offering online friendly classes in addition to the on-site classes which will be taking place at the Prague campus. The online friendly classes will maintain a personalised approach and accommodate those of you who are unable to begin face to face instruction.
The asynchronous classes offered at various time slots will allow students living in different time zones to choose the best classes for them. AAU has also adjusted the Fall 2020 semester dates; thus, delaying the start of the Fall 2020 semester. Classes will now run from Monday, September 21st until Wednesday, December 16th, 2020.
VIRTUALLY MEET WITH AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR We welcome you to meet virtually with a member of our Admissions Team Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM CET. You can set up a 1-to-1 appointment that suits your schedule/time zone.
VIRTUAL TOUR If you just can´t wait to see our campus join Monika and Ben for this 360 virtual tour of the Thurn-Taxis Palace! If you'd like to learn more about student life at AAU check out our YouTube channel for more videos.
More informationVisit official programme website
Recommended Course Structure
- Fall IRS 500 Theories of International Relations
- Fall IRS 504 International Organizations
- Fall POS 510 International Political Economy
- Fall IRS 511 Diplomatic Protocol and International Negotiations
- Fall IRS 508 Diplomatic History
- Spring IRS 506 Conflict Studies
- Spring IRS 501 International Development
- Spring IRS 505 Europe in Global Politics or IRD Elective course
- Spring IRS 503 International Law
- Spring POS 509 Advanced Research Methods
- Fall IRS 507 Current Issues in IR from the Diplomatic Perspective
- Fall/Spring POS 540 Thesis Seminar
- Fall/Spring IRD Elective
- Fall/Spring IRD Elective
- Fall/Spring POS 541 Internship
- Spring POS 502 Theories of Globalization
- Fall/Spring POS 545 Thesis
- Fall/Spring IRD Elective or Europe in Global Politics
- Fall/Spring IRD Elective
Fall/Spring IRD Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- If you do not require a visa, AAU recommends applying no later than one week prior to the start date of the semester in which you want to commence your studies
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law International Development View 10 other Masters in International Relations in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English language exam certificate
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor Diploma (only required after time of graduation)
- Bachelor Transcript (current transcript upon application and final transcript upon graduation)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- A copy of your passport
- A passport size photograph in colour
- A personal statement
- Consent to Making and Providing Copy of ID Card (Please fill this form and send it with the rest of your documents)
International7152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3576 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3576 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees: CZK 91,350
A Merit-Based Scholarship is awarded to a student for excellent study results, fulfilling conditions set forth by the President and published in the Scholarship Policy.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.