The Master of Social Work (Qualifying) from University of Tasmania aims to provide graduates with knowledge and skill for professional practice in contemporary social work and human services and with a strong commitment to social justice and human rights.
It is designed specifically for people who have completed degrees with components of social and behavioural science.
The course aims to provide graduates with knowledge and skill for professional practice in contemporary social work and human services and with a strong commitment to social justice and human rights.
Upon completion of the course graduates will be able to:
- understand and critically assess key aspects of contemporary cultures and society and their relevance to the social work profession;
- employ relevant theories and skills for in-depth analysis and ethical engagement with individuals, families, groups, policies, organisations and communities across a range of contexts;
- demonstrate commitment to human rights, social justice, non-oppression and sustainable change;
- exercise skills of critical and independent thinking, reflection and judgement;
- demonstrate flexibility and engagement in solving complex problems and applying knowledge and skills to new situations and practice contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Theories, Values and Frameworks for 21st Century Practice
- Social Work Practicum
- Social Work in Context
- Research & Policy for Change
- Contexts of Social Work Practice
- Direct Practice & Professional Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Sociology View 97 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants for the Master of Social Work (Qualifying) degree will have:
- a completed three year degree other than social work from the University of Tasmania or a recognised university in a related field with relevant units in the social and behavioural sciences (psychology, nursing, education, arts); OR
- a completed degree (or equivalent) in a non-related field. They will be required to complete 8 x 12.5% units of the BSW(Hons), which includes 4 required 200 level units (Discipline and Degree Core Knowledge units) and 4 electives (Experience and Engagement units) that include at least one unit with a focus on studies of the individual/behavioural science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34544 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 69088 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.