What's covered in the course?
The MSc Automotive Engineering course at Birmingham City University will teach you the skills you need to become a skilled engineer, capable of undertaking related tasks within and across different organisations.
The Automotive Engineering - MSc is provided by Birmingham City University.
The course will encourage creative thinking and the development of engineering leadership skills, as well as teaching you how to solve problems through research. You’ll engage in independent study, advancing your understanding and developing new skills.
In addition to further academic research opportunities, career prospects are expected to keep pace with the rapid advances in computer aided methods and intelligent technologies, hence, there is expected to be continuing demand for competent, versatile postgraduates who can design and implement innovative solutions for industry.
Why Choose Us?
- You’ll be introduced to industry-standard, sophisticated computer-based tools, such as mechanism analysis, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis and solid modelling, and have the opportunity to apply them to real engineering problems.
- Our accreditation from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) keeps our course fresh and relevant, as well as providing us with key industry contacts and insight.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Dynamics
- Advanced Systems Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Vehicle Control Systems
- Advanced Powertrains and Controls
- Master’s Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 40 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
- We would normally expect you to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- However, we can also consider your application without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.