The aim of the Tropical Crop Management and Ecology program at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is to create professionals for the next generation needed to address challenges closely tied to the sustainability of tropical and subtropical agricultural systems, biodiversity conservation, nutrition and human health, and climate change through interdisciplinary approaches in plant sciences.
The goal of the program, therefore, includes educating students and developing and disseminating science-based information to promote agroecological production of tropical crops with special orientation on traditional and ecological agricultural systems (e.g. agroforestry) as well as application of appropriate modern production methods (e.g. plant biotechnologies). It is generally argued that increased use of plant resources diversity contributes to higher sustainability, productivity and resilience of smallholder’s farming systems. Accordingly, agrobiodiversity use and conservation is an important component of the program.
Specific objectives of the program include seeking answers to plant resources use and management in tropical agroecosystems and adjacent natural ecosystems as well as food, nutritional and health related questions; promoting needed research and development activities related to tropical plant resources for food and agriculture; and providing graduates with the knowledge and skills needed for sound scientific inquiry and professional practice, and a solid understanding and commitment to professional ethics in tropical agriculture research and development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cereals and Pulses
- Tropical Phytocoenoses
- Tuber, Oil and Fibre Crops
- Fruit Production and Vineyard
- Tropical Horticulture and Floriculture
- Scientific Seminar
- Tropical Pastures and Fodder Crops
- Vegetable Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Natural Resource Management View 3 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To all programmes, applicants must submit CV, annotation of bachelor thesis and motivation letter in English, no later than March to the Study Administration Office of FTA (personally or by electronic mail).
- The entrance examination comprises of the interview in the English language focused on the professional subject area according to the field selected and prerequisites for study in the selected field. Applicants must reach at least 60 out of 100 points from the interview; criteria is set by the committee in each field and will consider: the level of common and expert English, experience and practice from the selected study field, quality and focus of the Bachelor's thesis and a motivation for the study.
International187 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 187 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA187 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 187 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees in national currency: 5 000 CZK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.