Social Work programme of Edge Hill University emphasises effective practice and the practical relevance of theory in practice learning placements. You will have the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge and experience of a range of academics, practitioners, employers, policy makers, service users and carers who have backgrounds in social care, social work, health education and other cognate disciplines.
If you are a graduate from a relevant discipline, who is able to recognise the perspective of service users, their families and carers, and who can demonstrate a clear commitment to becoming a social worker, then this Masters degree is for you. Upon successful completion of the course, you will gain eligibility to apply for registration with Social Work England as a qualified social worker.
A Masters degree in Social Work is your entry to a range of career opportunities in working with children, adults and communities. You will be able to work within the statutory, voluntary, private and charitable sectors.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will gain eligibility to apply for registration with Social Work England. As social work is a regulated profession, you will be expected to adhere to the standards set out by the professional regulator as well as other profession-specific organisations and agencies, such as the British Association of Social Workers. The regulator also monitors the performance of social work courses at universities, the reports of which are in the public domain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Social Work Practice
- Research and Practice
- Specialist Social Work Practice with Children, Young People, Families and Carers
- Social Work Theory and Methods
- Specialist Social Work Practice with Adults
- Social Work Law and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 250 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- You should have a degree equivalent to UK first-class or upper second-class honours (2:1 or above) in a relevant subject, such as social sciences, psychology, criminology, or health and social care. GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or nationally recognised equivalent) are also required.
- You must have relevant paid or voluntary work experience and be able to relate this to the skills and values of social work. An interview, written exercise and group-based task form part of the selection process.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For comprehensive information about the financial support available to eligible UK and EU students joining postgraduate courses at Edge Hill University, together with details of how to apply for potential funding, please view the Money Matters guide.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.