Industrial/Organizational Psychology focuses on deriving principles of individual, group and organizational behavior and applying this knowledge to solving problems at work. Graduates leave equipped with the skills for either applied work in organizations or for further PhD-level studies in I/O psychology.
Our exceptional and well-recognized faculty offer courses in Industrial Psychology, Organizational Psychology, and the latest developments in psychological methods. Our students apply their learning during a paid internship in the field, and through teaching and research assistantships. Students also conduct and defend their own original research through their Master’s thesis.
The MSc in Applied Psychology (Industrial and Organizational Psychology) is delivered by Saint Mary's University.
The Benefits of Doing an MSc in Applied Psychology (I/O Psychology) at Saint Mary's
- Learn to help organizations recruit, select, and manage the performance of employees
- Learn to deal with critical organizational issues such as leadership, workplace fairness (including gender issues), workplace conflict, work motivation and occupational health.
- Develop and apply organizationally relevant research skills including state-of-the art quantitative analysis
- Obtain valuable, paid internship experience
- Join a network of successful alumni who are working in the field
- Work with the largest concentration of I/O faculty members in Canada and connect with the CN Centre for Occupational Health & Safety.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Mind and Brain
- Group Dynamics and Intergroup Behaviour
- Gender Roles
- Psychology and Law
- Psychology of Leadership
- Forensic Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree in Psychology (or equivalent)
- An online application form plus the $110 processing fee (non-refundable)
- A supplemental form (if required by program)
- Official proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- Recommendation Forms
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended
International14596 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14596 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6591 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6591 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.