Facts about the program
- After graduation from Horticultural Engineering, the Szent István University students will be able organising and leading the production and marketing of horticultural enterprises of different size and character, carry out the tasks of managers, counsellors, engineers, take part in research and education.
- To fullfill these requirements, the master program offers knowledge in horticultural and natural sciences, interdisciplinary aspects, an up-to-date basic knowledge and practical skills. Beside the special horticultural modules (ornamentals, fruits, medicinal plants, vegetables, grape and wine) the study program includes genetical, physiological, ecological, biometrical and related subjects.
- During the study, the students have theoretical lectures, laboratory and farm practices, filed visits. There is a quite large freedom of the students in choosing courses according the personal interest. During preparation of the thesis, they learn research practice, solving problems, synthetize results, thus, a possible PhD study is grounded. The study courses are completed by a 4 week’s farm practice period.
- Biological and fitotechnical resources of viticulture
- Biologically active substances
- Up-to date technologies of medicinal plant production
- Plant physiology and plant molecular biology
- Geobotany and plant ecology.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc in Agriculture or Life sciences; English language certificate (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS)
- After the assessment of BSc degree and language certificate, there will be a Skype interview with the selected ones, during which the motivation, professional background and language skills of the students will be examined.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 2 semesters must be paid in advance
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.